Wednesday, August 4, 2010

More Difficult Days

I'm feeling the the need to write what has gone on the last few days. Sometimes it seems we take 3 steps forward and 2 steps back with all this work we are putting in with Eden. If we count steps back in days, this would be a 3rd step back.

Eden's had some wonderful moments the last few days, but when you look at it as a whole she really has had lots of rough days. I have described her as a 1 year old. Getting into everything, eating things she isn't supposed to, I can't even let her play in her room without having to check on her every 5 mins or so. It seems like, when she is doing things wrong she knows it's wrong because she runs and hides when I go to punish her, but she has no remorse and when I do punish her (which is every time she does it) by putting her in her room or "time out" she has no remorse and will get right up and do the exact same thing again.

For example, when she is in her sisters room destroying things, I'll go in and tell her to get out. She screams at me, and will go to hit me. I know what she is going to do so I usually catch her hand and try and lead her out of the room. She will then try to bite and hit me. I will put her in time out or her room for about 3 mins and she will pretend cry (I say that because it really is just to make noise). Once done, she starts all over again.

The past three days her biting, hitting and getting into things has gotten progressively worse. It's difficult to say why because Ed has been gone for a couple of days on business, but it started before that. She didn't have her normal speech therapy appointments, but she even started it before that.

I get so frustrated because this morning I thought it was over. We had a wonderful morning. I don't think she cried at all this morning. I was so happy and cuddly. She had Occupational Therapy this afternoon, the therapist did some more testing of her sensory system and pushing some of the sensory buttons to teach her how to calm herself down. After it was over, I knew better but we ended up going out to eat and then to Walmart. She proceeded to cry and scream through the whole store. I just gave up after a while, we went to the car and left. We came home, instantly her clothes came off. We started to watch a movie, taking a break to make popcorn Tanya took the puppy out and while she was gone; I noticed Eden was gone too. I took the popcorn off the stove and looked at a naked Eden running around the yard. I tried to coax her in but it didn't work. When I went outside, off she went. I did catch her fairly quickly and bring her in. The rest of the night wasn't much better, needless to say she has gone to bed early and I need a vacation.

Ed will be home tomorrow, and he will be taking the girls on their first ever all night camping trip without me. And yes, he is taking Eden too. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment