Saturday, August 20, 2011

Everything is Changing Before the Leaves Do

So in the last month I have had a ton of changes. I'm going to try and list them all but we'll see how we do. My CDS case manager is changing (I won't know who that is until after school starts), Eden's case manager changed (I do know who that is and she is very nice, we'll see...), Eden ended her "part-time status in school and will be going to "Full-time" in a week, one of my in home supports are leaving (she's off to bigger and better things), the girls are starting cheering, Carly is starting a new school, Tanya is also starting a new school, and Ed is starting school again. It's no wonder that my head is spinning with appointments, practices, and schedules.

In the mean time, I'm working on my health and well being. I think this is a great opportunity for me to start figuring out how to extend my life. Really, I'm not that healthy. I'm overweight, it's something I struggle with a lot, because food tastes so darn good. I've lost about 30 pounds this year which I'm very proud of but I want to lose about 40 more and I will be happy. I'm slowly changing to a more lean meat, fruit and veggie diet but it is the most difficult thing for my brain to get a hold of. I'm walking more and more active than I've been since I graduated high school. I even  have plans to start signing myself up for a couple of 5 k walks. My big plan is to actually run part of one by next fall (that will give me a year). Talk about high hopes.

I am going to seek some counseling come when the girls go back to school. It should help me in a lot of ways. It's tough to admit that one would need counseling, but the real question ends up being who doesn't need one? I think it's going to be nothing but a good thing for me and my family. It will help me vent, talk, and do some soul searching about what I really want to do with my life.

So, if I think about it, everything is changing, even me and it's feeling so good, scary, and exciting all at the same time. This glass of water I'm raising for myself and all my family to new things, changes and new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment