Sunday, May 18, 2014

No matter how normal things may seem...

I knew from the moment I saw Eden this morning it was different. She was just different. I was going to be gone all day and Daddy was taking all of the girls to church. The moment I looked at her I knew it was just not going to be an easy day for my baby. On a side note, she didn't even fall asleep for an hour after we put her to bed the night before, and that is very unusual for her. I should have known something was up.

The first thing she did when I came out into the living room she was buzzing. You can kind of feel it in the air, the only thing I can compare it to is the buzz of one of the old TV's with the tube. It creates a tension in the air and just wears you out because you CAN feel it. She ran out of her room and up to me and said, "Mama! You need to come in my room and see what I did!" Then she ran into her room. I went in and saw her at the dry erase/white board we had put into her room. "Look Mom! Tally marks!" she was so excited and proceeded to explain how she learned tally marks in school...4 stand tall then make one fall. 

No big deal right? I was kind of glad she wanted to do math at 7 am in the morning on a Sunday. As I sat in her room, because she was still showing me. She got stuck...doing tally marks, counting them by 5's by punching(not hard) each group of 5 with her fist, until she got to 100 and then erased them and started over again drawing 100 more. I stayed for 2 rounds of this (I know I'm devoted LOL) and she was going for a 3rd, I excused myself from the room. A minute later she was out in the living room spinning herself until I stopped her for breakfast. 

I left Dad to do the kid thing and got the report that Eden had a terrible time at Sunday School and church. Even after a long walk she was not able to participate in any of the Sunday School activities at church. She was supposed to sing with the kids choir and the Sunday School was doing the church service and could even do the little job that her teachers gave her. It was a very hard time for both Daddy and Eden. It's a very hard thing to have your child miss things you think are important parts of school and church because she just can not get herself to do them no matter how much she tries.

Once home it wasn't much different, lots of spinning herself in circles, organizing her toys by sorting and lining them up and singing/repeating everything we say over and over again. Even dinner was full of pacing, spinning, shaking her fork back and forth and singing (random singing of songs over and over). It seems like everything has taken her forever to do. You can see that she wants to the things asked of her but her brain or body does not want to cooperate.

Everything has been such a chore for her today. I have no idea what to do to help her when she is like this and if it's this bad for me watching her; can you imaging what she's feeling? It must be so frustrating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment