Friday, April 9, 2010

A New Adventure

The other day I finally got the call I was waiting for. They have an opening for Eden at a preschool. All I had to do was call and go to visit with Eden to see if Eden would like it. When we got there, Eden just took off and started playing with the other kids. I talked to the Head teacher, she explained to me that she has a structured learning program. There is a lot of sensory activities and a schedule. They use tools for sensory diets, language building, and pretend play. They have a daycare downstairs with "normal developing" children, they come up to play with the other kids, so they have "models" of the way they are supposed to act and sound.

There are 3 students for every 1 teacher in this school so it's easier for the children to get the one-on-one attention they need. They do some individual therapies, because each child has their own strengths and weaknesses. All of the teachers have special education degrees.

I know, that Eden will do wonderfully there. I am nervous, but excited all at the same time. Life should get easier, for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment