Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Stinkin' Moon

I'm going to try to fill you in on what I think might be the issue. Ok, everyone always comments on how things at their work go haywire on a full moon. How the crazies are out to bother us "normal" people on the full moon. Every weird thing that happens...you guessed it, happens on a full moon. I'm going to mention a scenario that may just change your view if you don't believe that actually happens, but differently.



So, I have been tracking Eden's behaviors for some time now. For the last, let's say, 8 months I've actually been tracking the moon phases with her behaviors. I was just curious at first, then a little more intrigued when things started lining up. I joined a Facebook group and they actually have had a ton of discussions on this topic. It's actually quite amazing how the moon effects people and kids. I'm drawing no conclusions, but just opening up for discussions the effects of the pull of the Earth to the Moon to our kids. Hey it controls the tides in the ocean, which also controls the winds and the weather and such. Why not?

What I've gathered so far, for my child is, that the full moon although has some effect on her moon/emotions doesn't effect her behaviors as much as the new moon. The two or three days before and after are different for her. I don't really know why, but today is the 26th of September and the new moon is scheduled for September 27th. Eden has had a horrible weekend with lots of behaviors and being overly aggressive toward everyone.

On Friday at school, she needed 10 sensory breaks (she asked for most of them). That is the most she's gotten ever at school. This weekend we went to her favorite restaurant and got her macaroni and cheese for dinner (her favorite food) and she ate 2 bites. She had to leave shortly after because she was running around disturbing others and really just being unruly. She hasn't had to leave a restaurant in almost 2 months for being like this.

She has been eating more "non-food" items lately, like picking lint off a blanket, paper, wall paper, and even asking to wear a sweater just so she can eat it. It's awful, her belly is in such turmoil on a normal day, I sometimes wonder why she thinks her body needs more stuff like that in it. I try to tell her that these things are not food but after not having this issue for a couple of months I think she MUST know it's not food, right? Would she forget something like that? It's frustrating and infuriating.

Sunday we went to the older girls football games and brought Eden with us to the last one so she could see them cheer at them. She did nothing but bug people beside us. When we went to get food, she started pinching her sister and when I was trying to stop her she tried to bite me twice. We haven't had these issues in a few weeks, so it's just disappointing. I think that we get past them and they creep back up again.

Then I get reminded that the new moon is coming in a couple of days. It makes so much sense to me sometimes. If you really think about it. My child is more aware of temperature changes (which there has been a lot of lately), pressure changes (in the weather), and everyday surroundings can be a nightmare. Why would the moon phases be any different?

No comments:

Post a Comment