Wednesday, January 18, 2012

This morning

Eden has had some sketchy sleeping patterns recently to say the least. We've had early mornings and late nights and it's been a little difficult because once I try and get help for an issue with sleeping she changes her sleeping patterns again. It's sometimes like just no matter what she doesn't sleep well. She either has trouble going to bed, staying in bed or waking up very early in the morning.

We've gone to great lengths to try and figure out why she has trouble sleeping, We've even put something like a "critter-cam" and all that told us is that she doesn't sleep very soundly. We have a tent on her bed, a weighted blanket, a weighted stuffed animal, and a light bear. And with all this help we still have broken, or no sleep.

This morning wasn't any different. She was up bright and early at 4:15 am. She came into my room and tossed and turned for about an hour and Ed came in a offered to put her back into her bed. I told him no and she managed to fall back asleep about twenty minutes later. (When Ed left for work)

Needless to say when it was time to get up and get the ladies ready for school. I was so very tired. I asked Tanya if she minded if I took a shower to wake myself up. I usually wait until the kids are at school but Eden wasn't leaving and I needed some help. She agreed to watch her, and this is where I feel special.

While I was in the shower, Tanya took it upon herself to get Eden dressed, hair brushed, and started to make her breakfast. All things that not easy for most people, but Tanya used positive reinforcement even used a lot of the tools that I use to get Eden to do unwanted tasks. I heard things like, "Eden if you get dressed while I take the dog out I'll make you some breakfast." in a very happy tone. What ten year-old thinks without being asked to help get her sister dressed. She was getting her all ready for school.

I don't know what I did, how it happened but my children are the most helpful with Eden. Sometimes even more than my husband (but in his defense, they are around a lot more than he is). This is their "normal" they won't help me clean the house without being asked but when it comes to their sister they are first in line to help. Whether it's at home, out in the community, at a friend's house. or at church. I just am glad that they still love her as much as they do. She's not the easiest to get along with, well I think we all can say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment