This is an updated post, see the update on the bottom!
In our family we've been so lucky to have healthy children. We've of course had our moments of things that came up like broken arms, fevers and even some minor stitches but really its nothing compared to some people and their children's health issues.
In our family we've been so lucky to have healthy children. We've of course had our moments of things that came up like broken arms, fevers and even some minor stitches but really its nothing compared to some people and their children's health issues.
Eden has been acting fine, but she has been going to the bathroom a little more than usual. We did take her to the doctors on Monday and of course when we went there first thing in the morning he couldn't see it or feel it. (because apparently that's the only time of day it isn't there...figures) As soon as we left the appointment, we went to my sisters and I showed her and of course it was there.
I called for a follow-up visit and it's scheduled for Tuesday after Eden gets out of school so the doctor will be able to actually see it, if it hasn't resolved itself (very unlikely but still a possibility). Ed and I are guessing it's a small hernia and that just freaks me out. I'll let you all know what happens when we go for our follow up and what if anything is the plan.
Surgery is not always done on all hernias but who the heck knows at this point. I'm just hoping it's something that will take care of itself as she gets older and bigger. We'll see. But when you have a kid with so many anxieties and remembers what happens at every place if we do need to go through the surgery route it's going to be insane and full of complications on an anxiety standpoint.
With any child if there is a possibility of a difficult situation you want to be as prepared as well as you can. Keep happy thoughts going for her that this goes away and we will be back to our "normal" boring days again without me having to freak out when she complains of a belly ache.
Today is Tuesday, and we had an appointment after school for her doctor to look at her belly and see what has been going on with her. Not much has changed as for physical signs or pain complaints and her "lump" comes and goes like before. But I was prepared with pictures and her belly had a little "lump" which when she felt it Eden was obviously uncomfortable when she actually found where the abnormality was. I also showed her the pictures and with both she said it most likely was a hernia.
The doctor put in a consult for a surgeon to look at her and wants me to take more pictures so they can see exactly where it is and how big it is. Only then will they decide if she will need surgery to repair it or just wait. So, no definite answers but I no longer feel I'm going crazy for nothing.
I'll let you know when we learn more and I'm not sure when that will be. Until then I have 3 parent/teacher conferences, a dentist appointment for Eden, a doctor appointment for Carly and an IEP for Eden. I'm sure I'll get a break sometime.
No comments:
Post a Comment