Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Air Conditioners

Eden had a terrible day, from the time she came home her meter was so high. I couldn't get anything done in the house. She wouldn't listen to anything. When I went to punish her by putting her in her room she was throwing things at me screaming at the top of her lungs. All I could do was sit there in her room and wait as she was screaming at me and throwing things at me. After almost a half hour, she stopped looked at me and said, "Hi Mama." She had a big smile on her face. We got up and continued with our day. She had a good hour or so of quiet and then she started again. I did the same thing, and this time she fell asleep in her room.

I left for a meeting and she slept until I got home. Ed had let her sleep, but it was dinner time. I could have let her sleep but she had not eaten much today. She was the same as when she went to bed, but this time she was clinging to me. We (Ed and I) decided to do our normal thing if we can't get her to calm down we turn down or off the TV and turn off the lights. We also noticed that the air conditioners were on and making noise. We turned them off to see if that would help and it did.

Within 5 or 10 minutes, she was at the dinner table eating dinner and having fun. I'm not sure what went on but if it really is the noise of the air conditioners what can we really do about that? We can't go without them. Ed suggested us putting them on opposite ends of the house where Eden doesn't go that often and just use a fan to circulate the air. I'm not sure, we are still in the brain storming part of this problem, Ed is pretty smart. He'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment