Thursday, March 11, 2010

The CDS Meeting

Today, we had our meeting with the evaluators from CDS to discuss a plan for Eden. It was a really great informational meeting. The first thing we did is talk to everyone who evaluated her and talked about the results of those evaluation.

We did discuss what our first plan of action for her is going to be placing her in an inclusive small pre-school setting with teachers that are familiar with dealing with sensory disorders at least 4 days to week. She will be getting speech therapy 2 hours a week because her scores are so low.

We are also in the process of getting a medical evaluation done for her so she can be properly diagnosed, which will help us figure out an appropriate and more accurate program for her. Another thing that all of the evaluators agreed on was that Eden needed an Occupational Therapy evaluation and hopefully it would warrant some OT when she got into pre-school.

Over all I was very happy with this meeting, and I am very curious for the medical evaluation, now because I'm just curious, not because it will change anything that is happening with Eden. I understand this is a process, but I have never been known to be a patient person. This is something that will happen, but only when it needs to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment