Today, Eden gave me the hardest time. I'm not sure what is going on with her, but since she woke up this morning she has been out of sorts. With the upcoming meeting with CDS I have been trying to be more patient. It seems like everything is at a standstill. We have no more tests or meetings planned except that (Well, for Eden that is). I hear this process takes a long time, but I never imagined the waiting would be so horrible for me.
If I understand correctly, all of the evaluators that have seen her said pre-school and Speech and Occupational Therapy will help us all deal with the many issues we have seen lately. I just would like to have one or two of those little tricks to make my life easier now. It's hard to take her out because she gets stressed. She will try when we are at a restaurant to find a quiet corner or she is running wild. Both of the extremes can happen during the same meal. When she gets mad at home now instead of just crying she has moved to hitting, throwing things, knocking things off of the tables or chairs, and even biting her sisters and me.
Today Ed was home because he had some school stuff to do. I was happy he would be able to help get the girls on the bus and everything. Eden was in rare form. Ed had to pin her down on the couch to get her dressed because every time he asked her to get dressed herself she would throw the clothes or cry. We went to the bus stop without major issues.
I needed to go to the store today and usually we stay home because I like to do all my errands in one day. We got to the store and as we were walking in the door, something happened with Eden. I don't know if it was the bright lights in the store, the sounds (because there were tv's on and very loud, right in the front of the store), or even the amount of people and there weren't a lot; or just all of it was overwhelming. She would not let me get through those doors. She stood in front of me screaming, "NO, NO, NO!" I Went and got a cart and she stood in front of that too. She tried to put it back by pushing it and I was trying to reassure her that everything is alright.
After a minute of trying to get her either in the cart or holding my hand; I had to carry her through the door. She was clinging to me, it only took like 2 mins and she started loosening up. I offered for her to get down. In order to let her down, I promised we would go see my mom at her work which was right down the street. She really did well after that. She stayed right with me and we got our shopping done. As we were leaving though, I did notice when we got outside she was plugging her ears. We were fairly close to the high way and the noise of the trucks and cars riding by did bother her a bit. I quickly put her in the car and closed the door and she was fine.
We got home and I let her play outside for a little while. She has been fine since we got home. We have had some lunch and cuddles like our normal Monday. All I know is that we are still early in the process of this. It's been almost 3 months and it usually takes about 6+ months to get everything figured out. The thing is, we will figure it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment