Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Get your clothes on!

Morning's are interesting for me. Most of the time, Eden is in the best mood and loves to cuddle. The older girls have to get ready for school, Eden has to get dressed, and I have to get ready as well. Clothes are a challenge for her.

I'm not sure what her issue with clothes are. It usually takes me 30 mins to get her dressed. She sometimes gives me less of a problem when I let her dress herself, which is not a problem at all. There are also a lot of days when I get her clothes out and she runs away from me and hides. When I do catch her, she screams, sometimes hits, and other times she even tries to bite me. We then go out to the couch and I'll give her the option to dress herself she'll take it or she'll just grab the clothes and throw them.

When she throws them, I usually have to hold her down to get her dressed. I feel bad because I know it's not comfortable and she of course has her reasons why she doesn't want to get dressed, but she can't tell me what they are. Once I get her dressed we go to the bus stop and do our errands. As soon as we come home, the clothes come off.

I usually try and curb the taking off of the clothes by trying to get her to wear underwear, I have little success with this. Sometimes I can get her to wear them for a little while. I'm guessing after like 30 mins she's naked again. I take her clothes and try to put them on her and we are back to square one again. Sometimes she even goes so far as to put her own diaper on. She has become a master of that, because I refuse to put one on her.

It's kind of weird that people come over to my house and don't think anything of the naked kid running around. I almost go into panic mode when someone knocks on the door. I hope it's just that she hates clothes like most kids. I know she's only 3 and it will come, but I can't wait for the day she is able to tell me what is going on; how she feels, why she is angry, and sometimes I just wish she would argue with me without it resorting to screaming or hitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment