Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Wonderful Day

This week Ed will be leaving for 4 days for business out of state. This means that it's just me and the girls all week. I have to say usually I just take it in stride because I am mom and I can handle everything, right? He doesn't go away often, but this time I'm just feeling a little bit of "What am I going to do alone?"

I guess it's because the older girls have more things going on in their lives and just adding that to the already full "Eden's schedule" is just making me feel a little overwhelmed. Not that I'm not feeling this anyways, while he is home. I've managed to change all the girls schedules accordingly so we can do the things that need to be done. I know that all families do this but with me feeling extra stressed about him leaving I have to weigh events coming up for each individual group and the fact that I really can't be everywhere at once. I've got some great family and am really going to be just fine but this time feels like he's going to be gone forever. 

On a side note, I wanted to add that this weekend we went to a public library for the very first time with Eden. We did a lot of preparation that morning, we were talking to her about how to behave inside. Walking feet, inside voices (along with a ton of how to whisper practicing) and that there is a lot of books there. Walking into this enormous library she loved it! She didn't run, yell or anything. We spent about 10 minutes there and she was ready to leave but she amazed us all, like usual. We are going to make this an every other week thing (not every week just because it is a very long drive from the house). We are getting more brave when it comes to taking her places, I just can't wait until the fear of taking her out gets better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment